- Specialty infusion therapy services primarily involve the intravenous administration of medications that treat a wide range of acute and chronic health conditions such as infections, auto-immune illnesses, cancer, pain, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Medications are compounded in a sterile clean room environment, dispensed under the supervision of a local registered pharmacist and delivered directly to the patient’s home.
- Amerita coordinates visits by a registered nurse, the frequency of which is dependent on the treatment type and the patient or caregiver’s ability to safely administer the medication.
- These drugs do not fit into the retail drug distribution model as they are high-cost, may need special handling and require extensive patient training and/or administration by a clinician.
- Patients are generally referred by physicians, hospital discharge planners, home-health agencies and managed care organizations.
Patients Receive Quality Care In A Supportive Environment
Committed to excellent service, our vision is to combine the administrative efficiencies of a large organization with the flexibility, responsiveness and entrepreneurial spirit of a local provider. By investing in some of the best local providers in America, we aim to increase geographic coverage, expand product offerings and share our success with the communities we serve.